Ruby with a Ruffle

Here's my final sew for 2016 - a ruffled Ruby. Inspiration for this dress came via something similar I saw in a shop. Ok, it's basically a direct copy. Also, dead easy and supremely comfortable.
Whilst I normally have a solid aversion to this chambray shade of blue, the inspiration dress was a light blue and when I tried it on, I didn't feel like I was wearing my school uniform at all. Funny that.
So here are the details. The fabric is our Bleached Chambray. I used our Ruby Dress pattern and shortened it by 3cm. The gathered ruffle is made up of two pieces (front and back), each measuring 140cm x 32cm. And because any option to avoid hemming is always a good one (and also inspired by this modified Ruby), I used the lovely fringed selvedge at the bottom of the hem.

I'm 160cm (5' 3"), so keep this in mind if you're taller/shorter and want to end up with a similarly finished length.
Because not having them would've just made me sad, I added pockets with some stashed Liberty on one side. I deliberately positioned them a bit lower so that when I put my hands in them, I don't get any pocket drag.
This'll be our last post for 2016 while we take a little blogging break. We'll still be active over on Instagram so be sure to follow us over there and, rest assured, we've got some exciting new patterns and plans for 2017 which we'll be working on.

On behalf of Colette and the entire team at Tessuti, we'd like to thank you for all your follows, reads, comments and support. Have a happy and safe one, and we look forward to catching up with you again in the new year x
SaveSaveSaveSave

Labels: , , ,